AGING SKIN 101: ACHIEVE A MORE YOUTHFUL-LOOKING YOU
WHAT HAPPENS AS WE AGE?
It’s a part of life — our skin changes as we age. It becomes thinner, loses fat, and no longer looks as plump and smooth as it once did. Facial aging actually begins in your 20s, when skin firmness begins to decrease as a result of both internal, genetics and natural aging, and external, sun exposure, smoking, and stress factors. Also, another part of the natural aging process, the volume in the hands can also deteriorate over time, making them appear aged. Dermal fillers contain Hyaluronic acid and this Hylauronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps provide fullness and elasticity. Dermal fillers add volume and balance to skin and tissue that might be sagging or wrinkling from the aging. Dermal fillers are Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps provide fullness and elasticity. Products are injected into the face to restore volume to sagging or wrinkling skin, contouring and restoring a more youthful appearance.
Retylane Injectable Family of Products
The Restylane family of products are indicated for patients over the age of 21, and includes Restylane®, Restylane-L®, Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine, Restylane® Silk, Restylane® Refyne, Restylane® Defyne and Restylane® Kysse.
- Restylane® products are for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Some select products are also indicated for injection into the lips.
- Restylane® Lyft is for deep implantation into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds and for cheek augmentation and for the correction of age-related midface contour deficiencies. Restylane® Lyft is also indicated for injection into the dorsal hand to correct volume loss.
- Restylane® Silk is for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral wrinkles.
- Restylane® Kysse is for lip augmentation and for correction of upper perioral wrinkles.
- Restylane® Refyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
- Restylane® Defyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe deep facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
With age, your skin’s natural collagen supply decreases and you may start to notice wrinkles and facial aging. You can activate the skin’s natural regenerative process with Sculptra Aesthetic and help replenish lost collagen, the most common protein in the body that supports cells and tissue. This FDA-approved injectable subtly and gradually over time helps restore facial volume and results can last more than two years.
What is Sculptra® Aesthetic?
As a poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) collagen stimulator, Sculptra Aesthetic helps restore the deep, underlying structure of the skin to diminish facial wrinkles. When the Sculptra microparticles are absorbed, they help stimulate collagen production. Rebuilt collagen strands begin gradually helping to restore facial volume and the look of fullness to wrinkles and folds.
Botox can help battle those expression lines around our eyes and forehead that we can’t seem to escape. Botox is a muscle relaxant that when injected, will soften and iron out those stubborn lines and creases. It is most commonly used in the glabella area, the area between our eyes, sometimes called “11 lines” and around the outside of the eyes, or the “crow feet” area.